Monitor Audio Apex AV
The Apex Range is the finest expression of satellite speaker style and performance. Featuring Monitor Audio's most advanced technologies and engineering concentrated for luxury applications. The Apex AV Speaker System comprises of 2 x Apex A10 to server as fronts & rears, 1 x Apex A40 to serve as a centre channel, and an Apex AW12 Subwoofer for rich and filling bass.
The Apex Range is the finest expression of satellite speaker style and performance.
Featuring Monitor Audio's most advanced technologies and engineering concentrated for luxury applications.
The Apex AV Speaker System comprises of 2 pairs or Apex A10 to server as fronts & rears, 1 x Apex A40 to serve as a centre channel, and an Apex AW12 Subwoofer for rich and filling bass.
- C-CAM® Gold dome tweeter, C-CAM drivers
- RST dimpled cone geometry
- HiVe® II High Velocity reflex port
- Magnetic grilles with no visible fixings
- Rigid die-cast alloy cabinet
Apex is a 'flagship' range of versatile compact speakers, which blends elite styling with the advanced technologies of our award-winning speakers. Twice named 'Best Style Speaker Package' at the What Hi-Fi? Awards, Apex delivers high quality audio with designer appeal.
The cabinets are made from rigid die-cast aluminium coated in a sumptuous black metallic or pearl white metallic high gloss lacquer. The C-CAM® bass driver, which has been engineered exclusively for Apex, uses high performance RST® dimpled cone geometry for added rigidity. Drivers are secured to the cabinet using a single central through-bolt fixing, which acts as a cabinet brace to reduce resonance.
Innovative high quality metal wall brackets supplied with the A10 and A40 are custom designed to make installation quick, easy and secure. When installed, the speaker can be tilted precisely for the best stereo or surround sound imaging. A stylish, internally pre-wired floor stand for the A10 is also available.
Due to its precision-engineered voicing, the Apex range can be mixed in any combination to match room size, shape and acoustics, delivering the audio range and quality of much larger hi fi speakers in an extremely stylish and space-friendly way.
The Apex AV is available in a choice of stunning Gloss Black or Gloss White Finishes
A10 Fronts & Rears
Stylish, compact 5.5" C-CAM Driver with RST® with 1" Gold C-CAM tweeter.
- Frequency Response +/- 3dB: 60 Hz - 35 KHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 87 dB
- Driver Compliment: 1 x 140mm (5 1/2") RST® mid-bass driver, 1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Maximum SPL (each): 110.8 dBA
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 25 - 100W
- Bass Alignment: Front ported - bass reflex. HiVE®II port system
- Power Handling (RMS): 100W
- Crossover Frequency: 3.0kHz
- External Dimensions: (H x W x D): 250 x 140 x 140 mm (9 13/16 x 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch)
- Weight (Individual): 3.95 kg (8 3/4 lbs)
A40 Centre Speaker
Centre or Surround channel speaker with an 8" C-CAM Driver with RST.
- Frequency Response +/- 3dB: 50Hz - 35KHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M):90dB
- Driver Compliment: 2 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® mid/bass driver with RST® technology, 1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Maximum SPL (each): 116.8 dBA
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 50 - 200W
- Bass Alignment: Bass reflex - twin front mounted Dual HiVE®II ports
- Power Handling (RMS): 200W
- Crossover Frequency: 600Hz & 3.0kHz
- External Dimensions: (H x W x D): 610 x 140 x 100 mm (24 x 5 1/2 x 3 15/16 inch)
- Weight (Individual): 6.85kg (15 1/8lbs)
Compact 12" subwoofer with C-CAM driver and a 500 watt Class D amplifier.
- Amplifier Output: 500 Watts (RMS) 1000 Watts (Peak)
- Low Frequency Limit: 27Hz (EQ1) 21Hz (EQ2)
- Upper Frequency Limit: 40 - 120Hz Variable
- Variable Low Pass Filter Alignment: Active 4th order 24dB/octave (two-stage filter)
- Cabinet Specification: Sealed Cabinet with 25mm M.D.F construction and internal bracing.
- Amplifier Classification: Class-D amplifier
- Driver Compliment: 1 x 12" C-CAM® sub-woofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3" long throw voice coil.
- Dimensions: (H x W x D): 340 x 340 x 410 mm (13 3/8 x 13 3/8 x 16 1/8 inch)
- Weight: (unpacked): 22.56Kg (49.63lbs)
- Mains Input Voltage: 100 - 120 Vac, 220 - 240 Vac, 50/60Hz
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms