Monitor Audio CF230 In-Ceiling Speaker
The CF230 is our most visually discreet speaker system, providing an abundance of design possibilities for integrators, architects and installers.
- Architectural, discreet aperture speaker
- Easier and more economical to install than rivals
- Can be installed in ceilings and standard stud wall construction
- Can be specified for background music system, or 2.1 system with complementary sub-woofer
- High-performance C-CAM bass/mid-range and tweeter drivers
- Coincident driver arrangement - wider dispersion than conventional Custom Installation speakers
- Flush fit or retrofit applications
- Unique, patented retrofit bracket system
- Designed to complement flush-fit downlighting systems
- Smaller, higher performance and less costly to install than rivals
- Round and square grille options
- Enclosed unit to stop ingress of dirt and building materials
- High quality 2-way crossover, featuring metallised film capacitors and low loss steel core inductors
The CF230's ingeniously designed pre-construction and retrofit make it a dream to install, while its C-CAM-based driver array delivers superb audio.
Choose from a beautifully flush fit or discreet, trimless retrofit. Round and square options are on offer, while further choice is provided by the option of ceiling mounting or fitting into a standard stud wall construction.
Used on its own, or in multiples, the CF230 presents beautiful sounding audio from its specially designed coincident driver. Featuring Monitor Audio’s innovative C-CAM metal cone technology and housing both the bass-midrange driver and tweeter within a single assembly unit, the result is superb quality sound from an incredibly compact driver.
In a pre-construction set-up, the CF230 package enables a seamless, flush fit appearance. You get clean lines, with no shadow-creating edges, and paint the grille to match the ceiling and the speaker disappears even further into the background.
The CFB3-KIT retrofit bracket cleverly provides a firm fixing behind plasterboard/Sheetrock and requires just three screws to complete the fit. Forget cutting out huge chunks of material, and say goodbye to expensive bracket assemblies.
Designed and built by people who intimately understand the world of home technology, the CF230 is a shoo-in for any custom speaker project.
|Monitor Audio CF230 Specifications|
|Frequency Response (-6dB)||100 Hz - 25 KHz|
|Impedance (Nominal)||8 Ohms|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||82.5 dB|
|Maximum SPL||98 dBA (each - full range)
103.3 dBA (each using crossover)
|Power Handling (RMS)||30W (full range - IEC268-5 rating)
100W music program (using High Pass crossover filter @120 Hz)
|Recommended Amp Requirements||10-30 W (full range)
10-100 W (using High Pass crossover filter @120 Hz)
|Drive Unit Complement||3" Bass/mid-range driver, featuring C-CAM cone Coincident mounted 19 mm tweeter with C-CAM Gold Dome|
|Overall Grille Diameter||112 mm|
|Mounting Depth||83.5 mm|
|Cut-Out Hole Diameter||Retrofit 90mm
|Cable Connection||Sprung push type terminals - gold plated|
|Weight||0.35 kg (350 grams)|
|Pre-Construction Bracket||Flush Fit - CFB3-R (round) and CFB3-SQ (square)
Pre-Construction Bracket - Pink
Retrofit - CFB3 KIT