Monitor Audio Silver 2 Speakers - High Gloss Black
The Silver 2 features a powerful 8” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver in a compact two-way stand mount design.
Higher overall efficiency and driver size deliver excellent dynamic headroom with the extended bass normally associated with floor-standing models. Combining audiophile standards of resolution and dynamics, the Silver 2 will fill medium to large rooms with glorious audio in two-channel stereo or multi-channel cinema applications.
As the Silver 1’s bigger brother, the Silver 2 features a powerful 8” C-CAM bass/mid driver in a compact two-way stand mount package. Higher overall efficiency and driver size combines immense dynamic headroom with bass extension normally reserved to floor-standers. The Silver 2 is a serious audiophile speaker capable of producing remarkable resolution from the most intricate musical scores to the loudest rock concert with superlative ease. High output and effortless dynamic delivery make the silver 2 an ideal choice for medium to large rooms in two-channel stereo of multi-channel cinema systems.
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- New 8” bass driver with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- RST® cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- New cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Available in a choice of Black, Oak, Rose & Walnut (£650.00) or High Gloss Black & High Gloss White (£715.00)
Gold Done C-CAM
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats.
The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
HiVe II Port Technology
A new type of port technology which uses a straight rifled design to accelerate air flow and reduce turbulence. HiVe II technology has the ability to move air in and out much quicker than a conventional port, the result is fast powerful bass coupled with superior transient response.
The Rigid Surface Technology (RST) cone profile is inspired by the Japanese art of Origami, which demonstrates how a very light material (like paper) can be strengthened and made more rigid by making small and precise folds on its surface. Monitor Audio has applied this principle in designing the CAM/RST cones for the GX and RX ranges. Developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis), the GX mid and bass driver cones have been strengthened by a series of radial ribs; the RX driver cones by a pattern of dimples. Our simulations have proved that RST significantly increases cone rigidity, allowing the radiating surfaces to resist mechanical bending forces, which can twist the shape of conventional driver cones to produce distorted sound. The strengthening effect of RST means that we can use thinner, lighter and more responsive C-CAM cones, which provide speed and accuracy while offering greatly reduced distortion. The RST patterns also help to displace standing waves that can propagate on the cone's surface.
• System Format: 2 Way
• Frequency Response: 40Hz - 35kHz
• Sensitivity (1W@1M): 88dB
• Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
• Maximum SPL (dBA): 112.6 (pair)
• Power Handling (RMS): 120W
• Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 40-120W
• Bass Alignment: Bass reflex - rear ported / HiVe®II port System
• Crossover Frequency: 2.0kHz
• Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 8" RST® Bass/Mid driver / 1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
• Cabinet Dimensions:(Excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth) (H x W x D) 375 x 230 x 300 mm
• Product External Dimensions: (Including Terminals) (H x W x D) 375 x 230 x 323 mm
• Product External Dimensions: (Including Grille & Terminals) (H x W x D) 375 x 230 x 335 mm
• Individual Weight: 9.7 Kg (21 lb 6 oz)