Monitor Audio Silver 6 Speakers - High Gloss Black
The Silver 6 incorporates a 6” C-CAM® RST® bass driver and 6” C-CAM RST bass/mid driver in a 2.5 way system configuration.
The drivers are housed in separate acoustic chambers within the enclosure design to provide differential tuning for higher efficiency and enhanced low frequency extension. Excellent dynamics combined with a naturally rhythmic sonic character and tight, controlled bass make the Silver 6 an outstanding communicator of music and film audio in medium to large rooms.
• New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
• 6” bass and 6” bass/mid-range drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
• Two and a half way configuration with differentially tuned acoustic system for higher efficiency and improved low frequency extension.
• RST® cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
• New cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
• HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
•Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
• Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
• High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
• Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
• Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
• Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
• Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
• Available in a choice of Black, Oak, Rose & Walnut (£1000.00) or High Gloss Black & High Gloss White (£1100.00)
Gold Done C-CAM
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
HiVe II Port Technology
A new type of port technology which uses a straight rifled design to accelerate air flow and reduce turbulence. HiVe II technology has the ability to move air in and out much quicker than a conventional port, the result is fast powerful bass coupled with superior transient response.
The Rigid Surface Technology (RST) cone profile is inspired by the Japanese art of Origami, which demonstrates how a very light material (like paper) can be strengthened and made more rigid by making small and precise folds on its surface. Monitor Audio has applied this principle in designing the CAM/RST cones for the GX and RX ranges. Developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis), the GX mid and bass driver cones have been strengthened by a series of radial ribs; the RX driver cones by a pattern of dimples. Our simulations have proved that RST significantly increases cone rigidity, allowing the radiating surfaces to resist mechanical bending forces, which can twist the shape of conventional driver cones to produce distorted sound. The strengthening effect of RST means that we can use thinner, lighter and more responsive C-CAM cones, which provide speed and accuracy while offering greatly reduced distortion. The RST patterns also help to displace standing waves that can propagate on the cone's surface.
Magnetic Grille Fixing
Ultra-powerful Neodymium magnets hold the speaker grilles in place, allowing for easier installation and access. In-ceiling models offer the opportunity to use square and circular grilles for the ideal aesthetic result.
• System Format: 2 1/2 Way
• Frequency Response: 35Hz - 35kHz
• Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90dB
• Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
• Maximum SPL (dBA): 115.5 (pair)
• Power Handling (RMS): 150W
• Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 60-150W
• Bass Alignment: Dual Chamber, Bass reflex with differential tuning / Twin HiVe®II port System
• Crossover Frequency: LF: 700Hz / MF/HF: 2.7kHz
• Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 6" RST® Bass driver / 1 x 6" RST Bass/Mid driver / 1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter Cabinet
• Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille, Terminals and Plinth) 885 x 185 x 240 mm
- External Dimensions: (Including Terminals) (H x W x D) 885 x 185 x 263 mm
- External Dimensions: (Including Grille & Terminals) (H x W x D) 885 x 185 x 275 mm
- External Dimensions: (Including Plinth & Feet) (H x W x D) 936 x 245 x 300 mm
• Individual Weight: 16.5 Kg