Monitor Audio Silver 5G FX Rear Effect Speakers - High Gloss Black
The Silver FX lets you enjoy the immersive quality of high performance home cinema with Sliver’s specialised surround speaker.
The discreetly profiled angled baffle design of the new Silver FX incorporates a single front-mounted 6” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver and twin side-mounted C-CAM tweeters. It can be flush-mounted on side or rear walls and its dispersion characteristics changed at the flick of a switch for dipole or bi-pole operation.
• Flush to wall placement with recessed termination.
• Drivers match with other new Silver loudspeakers for consistent timbre.
• Dual mode di-pole/ bi-pole switch.
• New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
• Dual 6” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile - better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
• RST® cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
• New cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
• Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
• High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
• Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
• Available in a choice of Black Oak or Walnut.
Gold Done C-CAM
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
The Rigid Surface Technology (RST) cone profile is inspired by the Japanese art of Origami, which demonstrates how a very light material (like paper) can be strengthened and made more rigid by making small and precise folds on its surface. Monitor Audio has applied this principle in designing the CAM/RST cones for the GX and RX ranges. Developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis), the GX mid and bass driver cones have been strengthened by a series of radial ribs; the RX driver cones by a pattern of dimples. Our simulations have proved that RST significantly increases cone rigidity, allowing the radiating surfaces to resist mechanical bending forces, which can twist the shape of conventional driver cones to produce distorted sound. The strengthening effect of RST means that we can use thinner, lighter and more responsive C-CAM cones, which provide speed and accuracy while offering greatly reduced distortion. The RST patterns also help to displace standing waves that can propagate on the cone's surface.
|Monitor Audio Silver FX Specifications|
|frequency response||60Hz - 35kHz|
|Sensitivity||(1W @ 1M): 87dB|
|nominal impedance||8 Ohms|
|maximum spl (dba):||110.1 (pair)|
|power handling (rms)||85W|
|reccomended amplifier requirements (rms)||40-85W|
|bass alignment||Sealed Cabinet|
|crossover frequency||2.2kHz D|
|Drive unit complement||1 x 6" RST Bass/Mid driver x 2 x 1' (25mm) C-CAM gold dome tweeters|
|Cabinet dimensions (h x w x d) (excluding grille & terminals)||250 x 311 x 130 mm|
|Product external dimensions (h x w x d) (including terminals)||250 x 311 x 143 mm|
|individual weight||4.69 Kg (10.38 lb)|