Our stores are now open and we wecome you back.
(Online delivery information here)
The safety of our customers is of top priority and we have worked hard to ensure you have a safe and pleasant shopping experience when you visit our stores.
• We are following government guidelines on social distancing and have installed clear signage to manage movement into, around and out of our stores. As per these guidelines we ask you to wear a face mask or suitable covering.
• Where possible, we have altered the layout of our stores to allow plenty of space to move about freely
• To ensure a safe shopping experience, we ask that if possible you come to the store alone or only bring one other member of the same household
• Our staff will do their utmost to ensure you feel comfortable. Should you at any point be concerned that social-distancing measures are not being adhered to, or should you have particular health requirements, please do not hesitate to speak to staff who will do everything they can to assist
• Should it be necessary, we will limit the amount of customers entering the store at one time and would ask you to follow staff guidance at all times
• Hand sanitiser stations are available when entering the stores and positioned throughout the stores for your usage
• We have installed protective screens at our payment points
• Face masks, visors and gloves are available for all customers at the Main Desk should you feel safer using these in store. Should you prefer staff to wear PPE when serving you, please let them know
• Our stores were thoroughly cleaned and sterilised by a professional cleaning company before re-opening
• We have stepped up our standard cleaning rotas and procedures in line with government guidance in order to minimise all risk of virus transmission
• All staff have been instructed in daily cleaning procedures and the frequency of daily in-store cleaning has been increased Card/contactless payment:
• To reduce as much contact as possible we will only accept card/contactless payments. The payment machine will be sterilised before and after each use Deliveries/installations:
• Should you purchase goods which are to be delivered/installed at a later date, our sales staff will make a note of any special requirements you may have with regard to this purchase. Our delivery/install teams will check these requirements with you when arriving at your property and make adjustments where necessary, for instance check that no-one on your property has become ill or if there is a need to wear additional PPE etc. Staff:
• Company guidelines have been issued to all staff members regarding our procedures on site. Staff have been trained in all measures which are essential to keeping the workplace and our retail environment as safe as possible We look forward to welcoming you back to Peter Tyson.
Store Opening Hours
Carlisle Branch: 09:00 - 17:00
Workington Branch: 09:00 - 17:00
Newcastle Branch: 09:00 - 17:00