Monitor Audio Radius R90HT1 AV Speaker System
The R90HT1 is a discreet 5.1 set-up comprising of the Radius 200 centre speaker, four single Radius 90 surround sound speakers plus a stunning Radius 390 subwoofer. What HiFi recently gave the R90HT1 a 5 Star Review & Best Style Package 1400-1800 and stated This package sounds wonderfully cohesive and entertaining its up there with the very best at this price - Read The 5 Star Review Here
The R90HT1 is a discreet 5.1 set-up comprising of the Radius 200 centre speaker, four single Radius 90 surround sound speakers plus a stunning Radius 390 subwoofer.
What HiFi recently gave the R90HT1 a 5 Star Review & Best Style Package 1400-1800 and stated This package sounds wonderfully cohesive and entertaining its up there with the very best at this price - Read The 5 Star Review Here
The Radius 90 speakers feature a new version of Monitor Audios 25mm C-CAM (Ceramic-coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter - and gone are the plastic mid/bass drivers of the previous generation.
For the first time in the Radius range, the tweeters are also now made from C-CAM. Monitor Audio claims the new cones boast lower distortion and greater force than the older model. They're also capable of longer excursion, which is why Monitor Audio has had to enlarge the grille with a slightly more bulbous profile.
The Radius 200 centre channel is a brand-new speaker. It uses two 4in C-CAM drivers (compared with just one plastic one on the old R180), with one on either side of the new tweeter.
The Radius 390 subwoofer is a fresh design too. More cubic in appearance than before, it now fires sideways as opposed to downwards on the older models. It uses a 25cm C-CAM driver on either side, one of which is a passive, specially tuned ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator). The 390 is powered by a 220W amp.
This package should blend in with most living rooms, especially if you have the speakers hugging a wall. Even the Radius 390 subwoofer looks stealthy enough not to intrude too much.
As a home cinema 5.1 speaker configuration the Monitor Audio Radius R90HT1 is very special as it blends the traditional compactness of the Monitor Audio Radius Speakers with a level of performance which move the game of audio excellence forward in ways which we though could not be achieved.
So, if your looking for a sub sat surround sound speaker package, which has that big speaker sound quality, one that will delight and enrich your listening experience with clarity, pace and precision then your search is over as no other 5.1 speaker package will deliver in quite the same way as the Monitor Audio R90HT1.
The R90HT1 is available in a choice of Black, Walnut or White.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass drivers
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeters
- HiVe®II port design
- Single through-bolt driver fixings
- Radius 90: Single point ¼”x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Radius 90: Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system
- Radius 200: New Dual C-CAM® bass drivers with C-CAM tweeter in MTM style configuration
- Radius 390: 18mm MDF cabinet construction with internal bracing
- Radius 390: Cool-running 220W Class D amplifier with switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Radius 390: Twin side-firing 10” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
- Radius 390: Low pass filter switch – for LFE or Stereo input selection
- Radius 390: Power switch with ON – Auto- Off/ trigger settings
- Radius 390: 3 x Pre-set EQ settings – Music/Movie/Impact
• Frequency Response 80Hz - 35KHz
• Sensitivity 83dB
• Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
• Power Handling Single (RMS) 75 watts
• System Power Handling (RMS) 100 watts
• Recommended Amplifier Requirements 30-100 watts
• Maximum SPL (dBA) 102 Bass Alignment Bass reflex - rear ported
• Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)(Inc Grille & Terminals) 198 x 125 x 164mm
• Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)(Inc Grille & Bracket) 198 x 125 x 203mm
• Bracket Optional - Monitor Audio Speaker Mount (MASM)
• Weight 2.1kg (4lb 10oz)
1 x 4” (100mm) C-CAM® cone bass/mid driver
1 x 1” (25mm) C-CAM gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D) 198 x 125 x 140mm
(713/16 x 415/16 x 51/2 Inches)
• Frequency Response - 60Hz - 35KHz
• Sensitivity - 86dB
• Nominal Impedance - 6 ohms
• Power Handling Single (RMS) - 100 watts
• System Power Handling (RMS) - 150 watts
• Recommended Amplifier Requirements 40-150 watts
• Maximum SPL (dBA) - 106
• Bass Alignment Bass reflex - front ported
• Driver complement
• 2 x 4” (100mm) C-CAM® cone bass/mid driver
• 1 x 1” (25mm) C-CAM gold dome tweeter
• Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D) - 125 x 330 x 140mm
• Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)(Inc Grille & Terminals) - 125 x 330 x 164mm
• Weight - 3.6kg (7lb 14oz)
• System Format Active sub-woofer system – Auxiliary (ABR) loading. 18mm MDF cabinet
• Low Frequency Limit 30Hz - (- 6dB)
• Upper Frequency Limit Variable 40 – 120 Hz @ 24dB/Octave
• Amplifier Power Output 220 Watts @ 1% THD+N
• Amplifier Classification Class D amplifier with Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
• Bass EQ Switch Music/ Movie/ Impact
• Phase Control 0 & 180 degrees
• Auto Sensing Line Level >3.5mV
• Input Level Requirements Standby after approximately 15 minutes if no signal sensed
• Driver Compliment
- 1 x 10” (250mm) C-CAM® long throw driver
- 1 x 10” (250mm) Auxiliary bass radiator
• Input Impedance > 20K Ohms
• Mains Input Voltage AC 110 - 120 V ~ 50/60Hz; AC 220 - 240 V ~ 50/60Hz (Factory Region Preset)
• Dimensions including amp & feet (H x W x D) 348 x 330 x 345mm
• Connections Stereo RCA in, LFE in,
• 12v Trigger in - (3.5mm mono mini-jack)
• Power Consumption 220 Watts / 0.5 Watts in Standby (ErP approved)
• Weight (Unpacked) - 13.76Kg (30lb 4oz)