Terms & Conditions
1. Our on-line retail sales department is aimed at supplying excellent service and value for money. We don't supply goods on a demonstration basis unless otherwise agreed. If you are not sure about the product you need, we suggest you research it first before you make a purchase. Because we are an established retailer with a "real" shop with demonstration facilities, we can offer knowledgeable and accurate advice - please feel free to ask us about anything you are interested in. If you are not sure about a product, we advise you not to buy it until you are confident about your choice.
2. If the size of a product is critical, please make sure it will fit before you make a purchase. If the dimensions are not shown with the product specification, please contact us and we will provide you with the full dimensions.
3. In instances where we include free, subsidised or promotional goods, these only apply to an item that specifically promotes the offer and is clearly indicated on the individual product page. Any included promotional items will be visible in the basket at checkout.
3a. Some offers and deals posted on our website are only available through our online outlet.
4. All quoted prices include VAT - delivery is free unless stated otherwise. Where a price includes delivery, this is to mainland UK only. Other areas will be at extra cost. We do not deliver our goods outside the UK.
5. On the occasion where a price is listed incorrectly due to a typographical error or otherwise, we will inform you immediately as to the correct price of the goods. You will then have the option to proceed with or cancel the sale. A contract is not active until you have taken delivery of your order.
6. The information in this website is given in good faith and every effort is made to ensure that all details, descriptions, images and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We do not accept liability for inaccuracies.
7. When paying by debit/credit card via WorldPay, PayPal Express, or Amazon Payments, goods will be charged to you at the time of placing your order. Although we take your payment at the time of sale, your order will not be processed until the day of dispatch. Orders placed after our 3pm order cut-off time will be dispatched the following working day.
8. To protect your personal details, a receipt for your goods, together with the order tracking number, will be sent by email on the afternoon of dispatch. No documents will be enclosed within the order itself. The shipping label on the outside of the packing will confirm the order was dispatched by Peter Tyson.
9. If for any reason, it is not possible for us to fulfil your order to be dispatched on the next scheduled shipping date, either due to stock availability or any other reason, we will contact you as soon as possible to present you with the option to either wait for the goods to become available for fulfilment within an agreed time, or offer to cancel your order and process a full refund on the same day. Please note that depending on payment method or bank/building society, there may be a delay with funds appearing back in your account.
10. Legislation states that the goods must be dispatched within 30 days of the sale. We aim to dispatch goods on the same day, if ordered before our 3pm cut-off time, Monday to Friday. Weekends and Bank Holidays not included. Saturday and Sunday deliveries are available at an additional cost to normal delivery, with a cut-off time of 3pm on Friday. These services are based on a best endeavour basis and are not guaranteed. We are not liable for any costs incurred due to a failed delivery. Reading the full delivery information prior to placing your order, is recommended.
10a. Exclusions to same day dispatch for orders placed before our 3pm cut-off time may apply if there are any issues with processing your payment and performing our necessary security checks. If this is the case, your goods will be dispatched on the following working day instead. To avoid potential disappointment, it is advised to order well in advance of our 3pm cut-off time.
11. Televisions can only be shipped to UK mainland postcode addresses. Please see the full delivery information for a list of excluded postcodes. Most televisions can be shipped on a next working day service if ordered before our 3pm cut-off time. Selected televisions that are listed as as being shipped via Epic Logistics, can take up to 4 working days for delivery.
12. If you are paying by Debit or Credit Card, Amazon Payments or PayPal, goods can only be delivered to the address at which your card or delivery address is registered. Variations may apply, but please ask for details.
13. If you are paying by Novuna Capital Finance, goods can only be delivered to the applicant's registered home address.
14. Price Match. We do not operate a guaranteed price match but we simply aim to offer superb deals always - backed by our high level of service. If you do see a better offer, please let us know and we'll take a look. Price match quotations are valid for 7 days.
15. For security reasons, we may on occasions contact you for identity clarification.
16. Please note that our couriers will try to deliver as arranged but we will not be held responsible for any costs incurred because of none delivery or factors caused by others. This service is based upon best endeavour and is not guaranteed.
17. Security: To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
18. These conditions only apply to UK sales.
19. If any of these terms need clarified or explained please contact us for more details.
20. Guarantees/Warranties can only be fulfilled to goods purchased and delivered within the UK. In order for us to conduct a Guarantee/Warranty claim to goods taken outside of the UK, the goods will have to be returned at your own expense. Alternatively, you can make the goods available for collection at a UK address. This also applies to goods delivered to shipping companies. Subsequent to a Guarantee/Warranty claim, goods can only be re-delivered to UK address.
All orders purchased through our website are eligible for our easy returns process for up to 30 days from receipt of the products. The following details will need to be complied with to qualify for a full refund:
1. Please notify our dedicated Customer Service Department via email at [email protected] or via telephone on 01228 546756, within 30 days of delivery.
2. Products must be returned in their original condition, complete with the original box, internal packaging, and all accessories. If products are returned not in this condition, we may make an appropriate deduction to the refund.
3. You will be required to send the products back to us at your own expense. We recommend insuring them in case they arrive damaged, as this may affect your refund.
4. Any ‘Promotional Items’ supplied with the products, must also be returned. If such items are not returned, the full value of the promotional items will be deducted from any refund that may be issued.
5. For hygiene reasons, in-ear headphones may not be returned if the original factory seal has been removed and the box opened. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
6. Our returns policy does not apply to bespoke, custom made, or special-order products.
7. Please see our website for our full, detailed Customer Service & Returns Policy.
RECEIVED A DAMAGED ITEM?
In the unlikely event your purchase is damaged in transit please contact our Customer Service Department on 01228 546 756 or via email to: [email protected] within 24 hours of the delivery. Please include photographs of the box, packaging and product. PLEASE NOTE: We will require you to keep all original packaging.
FAULTY GOODS RETURNS:
You have the right to reject faulty goods within 30 days of purchase. You will be offered a refund or replacement. Please contact our Customer Service Department on 01228 525891 or email: [email protected]. If your purchase falls outside this time, then please contact us.
If you have any complaints or concerns regarding your purchase or the way in which your transaction was handled, please inform us by email - [email protected] or in writing to Peter Tyson, Shaddongate, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA2 5TE. Your concern will be dealt with swiftly.
In the event of a non-payment or partial payment of goods, any costs incurred in collecting these amounts will be added to the outstanding amount/balance.
Please note: All credit applications are subject to status, and terms & conditions apply.
We offer our customers the ability to apply for simple finance facilities to fund a purchase from us via Novuna Capital Finance. If your application is accepted, you will be asked to eSign the credit agreement and once in receipt of your purchase, Novuna Capital will make your agreement live and your monthly repayments will commence for the agreed term. In short, retail finance gives you the flexibility to buy what you really want now, by spreading the cost of your purchase over a repayment period that suits your budget.
A minimum deposit of 10% is required for all finance options, which will be taken by Novuna Capital on behalf of Peter Tyson.
Please note that all options may not be available for all products. Each product will indicate which options are available and are also subject to availability. Products available on an Interest Free option will display an "Interest Free Credt" icon on the product page to indicate this. To see all the finance options available on each product, please expand the finance calculator on the product page or proceed to the checkout where the available options will be displayed when selecting Novuna Captial Finance as the payment option.
Please note: If you are paying by Novuna Capital Finance, goods can only be delivered to the applicant's registered home address.
Buy Now Pay Later - Deferred Payment. Minimum Balance £250.00
● 6 Months Buy Now Pay Later / 48 Months - 16.9% APR representative
● 9 Months Buy Now Pay Later / 48 Months - 16.9% APR representative
● 12 Months Buy Now Pay Later / 48 Months - 16.9% APR representative
Representative example 12 months deferred Buy Now Pay Later:
Purchase price of goods £999.00. Deposit (10%): £99.90. Amount of Loan: £899.10. Duration of agreement 60 months. 48 monthly payments of £29.25. Rate of interest 11.24% p.a fixed 16.9% APR representative. Total amount payable: £1,504.14. Amount of Interest: £505.14. Novuna will tell you the due date of the first repayment. If you repay the agreement in full within the 12 month deferral period then there’s no interest to pay (£29 exit fee applies). If after 12 months, you have not repaid the total amount of credit then you will be charged interest on the outstanding balance from the start of the agreement until the credit is fully repaid.
Monthly payments will commence 12 months from the date your agreement starts and will be payable on the same day in each subsequent month.
Fixed Term Interest Bearing (19.9% APR). Minimum Balance £250.00
● 24 Months Interest Bearing Credit - 19.9% APR representative
● 36 Months Interest Bearing Credit - 19.9% APR representative
● 48 Months Interest Bearing Credit - 19.9% APR representative
Representative example 48 months 19.9% APR:
Purchase price of goods £999.00. Deposit (10%): £99.90. Amount of loan £899.10. 48 monthly payments of £26.54 at an APR of 19.9%. Total Amount Payable: £1374.15 (including deposit). Amount of Interest: £375.15
Interest Free Credit (0% APR). Minimum Balance £500.00
● 6 Months Interest Free Credit - 0% APR representative
● 9 Months Interest Free Credit- 0% APR representative
● 12 Months Interest Free Credit- 0% APR representative
Representative example 6 months Interest Free Credit:
Purchase price of goods £999.00. Deposit (10%): £99.90. Amount of loan £899.10. 6 monthly payments of £149.85 at an APR of 0%. Total Amount Payable: £999.00 (including deposit). Amount of Interest: £0.00
Who is eligible to apply for online finance?
To apply for finance, you must be over the age of 18, work at least 16 hours a week, or be retired with an income. You must also be a resident of the United Kingdom and have lived in the UK for the last 12 months or more. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer online finance to residents of Eire. Homemakers aren't excluded from applying under their own names; however we will require the employment details of your spouse in order to process your application.
Credit is subject to application & status. Terms & conditions apply. Minimum credit purchase £200. Credit is subject to status and affordability. Terms and conditions apply. Peter Tyson, Shaddongate, Carlisle, Cumbria, England, CA2 5TE (Register no. 07404374) trading as Peter Tyson is a credit broker and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit provided by Novuna Personal Finance, a trading style of Novuna Capital (UK) PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Register no. 704348).