Monitor Audio Radius 380 Subwoofer
Introducing the Monitor Audio Radius 380: Since the last Radius series Monitor Audio have applied their research and development to the challenge of subwoofer design.
It’s relatively easy to produce large bass in a large box, but finding the optimum mix of parameters required to generate genuinely deep dynamic bass from a space efficient Radius cabinet requires a vastly more innovative approach.
We’re confident that the ultra-compact Radius 380 will elevate your expectations of what’s possible in a small enclosure: the Radius 380 and its companion 390 rewrite the rules.
Within the 380’s diminutive cube, twin side-firing 8” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR - work in tandem with a powerful 200W cool-running Class D amplifier (double the power of its predecessor) to deliver a seismic bass foundation for films and music, distinguished by an intoxicating blend of depth and speed.
Tuned for an utterly dynamic result with Radius satellites in film and music systems, the 380 also offers Impact, Movie and Music pre-sets for easy EQ operation.
The drivers have no grilles but are colour-coded to coordinate with cabinet finish. A 12V trigger syncs the 380 with other AV components when the system is activated.
• 18mm MDF cabinet construction with internal bracing
• Cool-running 200W Class D amplifier with switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
• Twin side-firing 8” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
• Low pass filter switch – for LFE or Stereo input selection
• Power switch with ON – Auto- Off/ trigger settings
• Stereo/ LFE RCA inputs
• 3 x Pre-set EQ settings – Music/Movie/Impact
• System Format Active sub-woofer system – Auxiliary (ABR) loading. 18mm MDF cabinet
• Low Frequency Limit 30Hz (- 6dB)
• Upper Frequency Limit Variable 40 – 120 Hz @ 24dB/Octave
• Amplifier Power Output 200 Watts @ 1% THD+N
• Amplifier Classification Class D amplifier with Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
• Bass EQ Switch Music/ Movie/ Impact
• Phase Control 0 & 180 degrees
• Auto Sensing Line Level >3.5mV
• Input Level Requirements Standby after approximately 15 minutes if no signal sensed
• Driver Compliment 1 x 8” (200mm) C-CAM® long throw driver 1 x 8” (200mm) Auxiliary bass radiator
• Input Impedance > 20K Ohms
• Mains Input Voltage AC 110 - 120 V ~ 50/60Hz; AC 220 - 240 V ~ 50/60Hz (Factory Region Preset)
• Dimensions including amp & feet (H x W x D) 308 x 290 x 305mm
• Connections Stereo RCA in, LFE in,
• 12v Trigger in (3.5mm mono mini-jack)
• Power Consumption 200 Watts / 0.5 Watts in Standby (ErP approved)
• Weight (Unpacked) 10.16Kg (22lb 6oz)