Monitor Audio SB-4
The new SB-4 passive soundbar is designed to provide a visually balanced, audio solution for 70” screens and larger, this stylish, high performance, passive soundbar is ideal for installers keen to deliver premium performance in media room applications.
The SB-4 incorporates a series of clever technical features and design innovations which demonstrate Monitor Audio’s revered attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Ease of installation is another key advantage of the SB-4. High quality, low profile binding posts provide an easy and trouble free connection, with the terminals recessed neatly to enable a flush to wall installation. The terminal panel also houses standard fixing points compatible with SANUS® TV mounts, with many options for TV and wall installation. Wall mounting is also possible using Monitor Audio’s low-profile wall mount bracket with cable access, easy pre-alignment and fixing template.
The SB-4 is designed to be used with a partnering sub-woofer and crossed over to provide the best possible experience and increased system power handling. Alternatively, the soundbar can be used independently to deliver an impressive uplift in TV audio performance with only a slightly reduced power handling.
- All MDF construction. Internally braced for additional rigidity
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet
- Wrap around acoustically open, black cloth finish with solid brushed Silver aluminium end trims – provides stealthy appearance for perfect placement near a TV
- Neat terminal panel with high quality, low profile gold plated binding post terminals
- High quality crossovers utilising polypropylene capacitors and low loss laminated steel core inductors
- Designed to fit SANUSTM TV mounting systems
- Optional sturdy wall bracket with cable hole access and template installation
- Low profile Silicon rubber feet integrated for secure cabinet top placement
|Monitor Audio SB-4 Specifications|
|frequency response (-3dB)||70Hz - 30kHz|
|system power handling - R.M.S. (W)||100 (High pass filter set to 1000Hz)|
|bass alignment||Left and Right Channels: 1 x Auxiliary Bass
Reflex (ABR) Loading.
Centre Channel: 2 x Auxiliary Bass Reflex (ABR(
|sensitivity ([email protected])||87dB|
|recommended amp requirements (W)||30-100|
|drive unit complement||All Channels: 2 x 4" (100mm) C-CAM Cone Bass/Mid Driver
2 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM gold dome tweeter
|nominal impedance (ohms)||8|
|Recommended high pass crossover frequency||80 - 120 Hz|
|cabinet dimensions (H x W x D)||14.5 x 156.2 x 8.8 cm
5 3/4 x 61 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch
|power handling single - r.m.s. (W)||80|
|maximum spl (dba)||104 (108.8 all channels driven)|
|Weight||12kg (26 lb / 7 oz)|